Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm SAD!!!!

Well, it has been only 4 days since my brother James left for his mission. And can I just say this SUCKS!! I miss him so much already! When I was younger and my two older brothers left for their missions I could have cared less...but this time it feels like my own son left! I worry about him more than I think I should or need to! I hope he is having a great time in the MTC and that he has made some friends! As I am writing this I am getting teary eyed again! I can't imagine what it will be like when I send Gavin! James I hope all is well with you... I know the Lord will bless you for your willingness to serve!! I love you more than you'll know! ...till we meet again!!

The SiblingsThe loving sisters

The best Uncle EVER!!! (all the nieces and nephews)

I was just trying to make Mr. Serious laugh!

I love this kid!!

11 comments:

Shalyse said...

I love JAMES and miss him too!!! Hallie even said a prayer for him tonight at bedtime! :-)

He will do AWESOME! You are so sweet to worry about him, I'm sure he feels your love! He's probably having a great time in the MTC and learning so much.

that was such an awesome farewell, he'll be an amazing missionary and such a good example to Gavin! :-) He'll be home before you know it!

Arin said...

Gina---I KNOW!!!! I feel the exact same way you do...it's super hard to have a little bro go on a mission. I have to say that everytime I see the missionaries I get this little pang of worry and almost like anxiety when I think about my little brother out there working hard and doing what they are doing...ya know what I mean?

It has been fun though to watch and see how Uncle Alan has become somewhat of a SuperHero in our home and how Jameson wants to be just like him (so great to have brothers who are good examples!) But, I honestly can't even think about the day when Jamo will go or I start to hyper-ventilate!

Will & Cheyenne said...

So fun to see your whole family! I have such crazy memories of Bruce!! He always made me smile in seminary. And Dustin was awesome as well! You got good genes girl!

Alee and Brandon said...

I love that picture of all the kids hugging him! That's so cute!

Springer Splatter said...

I CAN'T beleive that James is going on a MISSION!!! 2 years will go fast! He will be a great missionary!

Also, TAG you are it!! Go to my blog and see the rules.
Fun and easy and I will be looking forward to seeing what "treasures" you have.

MOMMACITA said...

Hooray for James!! He looks so cute and clean and pure. I love!

Sadness aside, I love the dress you're wearing at the temple. Striking Miss Gina, Striking.

Crystal said...

oh, that's so hard! i still remember when my bro and sis left on their missions. sad! but good for him!!

and i love the picture of all the neices and nephews attacking him. cute.

Crystal said...

ok,...WHAT??? i didn't know your house was up for sale too?! that's craziness. are ya'll planning on staying around here? you better stay in our ward...or death!

love you gina. DON'T LEAVE! :) and thanks for calling me back today. it's a long story, but i'll tell about it later. it's all good though. ;)

Joanie said...

Hey Gina - LOVE your blog! Mine is private, so if you want an invite, send me your email. Mine is joanievellys@hotmail.com

Crystal said...

hey! what up, G?

Crystal said...

ok, i'm open for wed, thurs, fri. I'M SERIOUS! we're goin' out, girl! :)