
Well I thought I should let everybody know that we are healthy and home now!!! Drake has joined our family! He was born the 15th at about 1:30 p.m.! Weighing in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 18 1/2 inches long! We finally got a newborn! He is so tiny...it's hard to believe he's ours! After a horrible labor (I was given 2 epidurals and neither one worked!!!...my worst nightmare came true) I only had to push for 3 minutes ( 2 contractions) and he just flew out! It's all still a blur! I can't believe I have 3 kids now. I am truly a zombie...I was definitely not prepared for the lack of sleep! Last night I think I got 30 minutes total of sleep time. I am scared I might turn beastly! I don't do well with lack of sleep! But we are just luvin on this new little baby. I just snuggle him. I totally forget what it was like to have a baby...but I am trying to enjoy every second because I do remember how fast time flies! Don't be surprised if my posts become few and far between...sleep is very precious now. I can tell my "free" time is long gone!!!
11 comments:
He is adorable!! I was so glad we were able to see him. Seriously, he has the sweetest face. Davis screamed his entire first night home, but after a week he was sleeping for several hours at a time.
I am sorry I wasn't able to hold little Drake in the hospital. Just as I was going to take him, my Davis pooped (and when my guy does his business.... it is bad)After we left your room I made an emergency stop in the restroom. Poop everywhere, seriously gross. So, I promise I wasn't being rude. I just had to be careful not to move him around too much. Yucky!
I hope you are feeling okay. I remember those first few weeks. Don't feel bad if you get cranky! Who can be nice on 30 minutes of sleep??? Good luck!
He looks soooo cute! And small, I'm sure it's a big change when you are used to delivering big babies. I've heard the small ones stay smaller longer. Where as the big ones just get bigger faster. My first was big and I'm hoping this next one is small.
I met your sister-in-laws tonight at enrichment. They are very nice. Be sure to call on them for help, or so you can get some naps in.
Congratulations! He is a sweet, darling little guy. Glad he and you are doing well. I know all about 2 epidurals not working. Not fun! But, it's all okay when you look at your cute bundle of sweetness. It does go by so fast. I bet your kids are loving it, too. Post more pics when you are able!
Oh, he is soooo cute! I kept checking to see when you would update. Don't worry, you will soon forget all the pain it took to get him here. Like 1-2 years tops! Congratulations! And hopefully you can get a little sleep when life starts to fee normal again.
what a handsome little guy! Enjoy every minute of sleep & congratulations!
Oh, he is so cute.....congrats, I've been waiting for the picture of your new arrival. Your a trooper, and you know don't worry about sleep you won't need it for a while....ha-ha
OH how sweet!! Gina we are soooo happy for you guys. what a doll! i can't wait to meet the little guy. and yeah, sorry about the no sleep. that is the hardest part about having a new baby. the good news is that they normally settle into a rountine pretty quickly,...so it shouldn't take too long.
i was DYING to come and see you in the hospital,..but i know how it is right after you have a new baby. it's nice to see people, but it can also be exhausting. i have a goodie for you,...so i'll be dropping by sometime (tonight maybe?) now that i know your home. and don't worry, i'll come alone. i'm sure you don't really want my children crawling all over your newborn. ;) and i won't stay long...i KNOW sleep is very precious. but i would love to see you guys for a minute. please let me know if your not ready for visitors yet. i will totally understand if your not. but hopefully i will see you soon!
He is so sweet! Thanks for posting...I know that's not the *first* thing on your mind!
He's adorable! I hope you are able to get some rest. Let me know if you want to borrow my sling! I swear it works wonders!
You need to change your blog to now say a family of 5! He is such a cutie. I want one! We are all thinking of you guys. Take care.
I'm so happy for you! He is absolutely adorable. Good luck with the sleep. It is so brutal!
Congrats on the new baby!!! I do enjoy these blogs so we can play catch-up with people in our past. Enjoy the new baby. I love his name, so cute. I'm sure gracie is loving it too, I bet she is a big help. Take care and get sleep when you can.
Christy
Post a Comment